Nanticoke Memorial Hospital offers childbirth classes on Thursdays from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm in the Ground Floor Conference Room. The class will meet each Thursday for a total of five weeks – four weeks related to childbirth education and the fifth week will be a breastfeeding class.
- January 12, 19, 26, February 2, and 9
- February 23, March 2, 9, 16, and 23
- March 30, April 6, 13, 20, and 27
- May 18, 25, June 1, 8, and 15
- July 6, 13, 20, 27, and August 3
- August 31, September 7, 14, 21, and 28
- October 5, 12, 19, 26, and November 2
- November 14, 21, 28, December 5, and 12 (Tuesdays)
The maternity education classes are designed to offer information, counseling, support, and hands-on experience to help prepare for a new family member. They will cover pregnancy in general, information to prepare the expectant mother for labor and delivery, and will include a tour of Nanticoke’s Mother & Baby Care Center.
A refresher course is also available for those who have previously taken childbirth classes. The refresher class covers breathing techniques, signs, symptoms, and stages of labor, birthing options, and a tour of Nanticoke’s Mother & Baby Care Center.
The cost of the childbirth course is $50, and the cost for the refresher course is $25. Mothers are encouraged to bring their partner or support person for all courses. Pre-registration is required for either class.
To register or for more information, contact Nanticoke’s Maternal Child Health Clinical Educator at 302-629-6611, extension 2540.