Friday May 2, 2014 – Beginning at 5:00 PM
Scavenger Hunt – 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Reception & Door Prizes – 8:00 PM – CITY HALL
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
On Friday, May 2, 2014 Nanticoke Health Services is joining forces with the Greater Seaford Chamber of Commerce and the City of Seaford to host Live for Chocolate, an evening of fun, laughter and support raising awareness for women’s health in Sussex County.
Women often care for so many others, putting themselves on the bottom of the “to do” list. Live for Chocolate is an event that allows us to come together in fellowship, laughter and love to support and encourage one another to take care of ourselves while having a whole lot of fun!
Every year, thousands of women are diagnosed with breast cancer. If diagnosed early, nearly all can be treated. For those with early diagnosis there is a 98% survival rate. But early detection is key.
Bring your mother, your sister, your wife, or your friends. You can even bring your husband! Yes, there will be a Man Cave hosted by Dick’s Barber Shop located in Downtown Seaford..
How it Works
Travel through designated vendor locations in Downtown Seaford and just across the bridge in Blades. At each stop have your puzzle stamped and you will receive a clue to solve the puzzle. Required stops for the puzzle will be marked with a numbered sign and balloons so you know where to go. You can pick up a puzzle form at any of the participating vendor locations listed below the night of the event.
You must visit all the required puzzle locations and correctly solve the puzzle to be eligible for one of 30 prize drawings at the end of the night. Completed entries must be placed in the collection box located in City Hall by 8:00 PM. You do not need to be present to win.
At each stop you can get a free sample of some type of CHOCOLATE TREAT! Additional food is located throughout with hors d’ouevres and non-alcoholic beverages located at City Hall. You can also find wine tasting and music along with other fun activities located at various stops throughout.
If you have any questions, just ask one of the event hosts designated by a pink event t-shirt or Nanticoke pink polo shirt.
Required puzzle locations for the Scavenger Hunt
- The Bath Shop at Two Cats in the Yard
- Bon Appetit
- The Browsery
- City Hall – Sweet Serenity Chocolates
- Day Spa at the Marina – Blades*
- Deborah Mitchell, CTC – Travel Debi (Ambassador Travel)
- Gallery 107
- Greater Seaford Chamber of Commerce
- Hard 2 Handle Sub Shop
- Procino Wells & Woodland, LLC
- Seaford Historical Society & Museum
- Seaford Florist -Blades*
- Your Sister’s Closet
- La Red Health Center Seaford
- Fantasy Beauty Salon
In addition to the area retail shops, additional vendors will be located throughout the Downtown and Blades stops. Vendors are listed below but check back often for updates to the list.
- Bramble Blossoms Flowers & Herbs
- Celebrating Home
- Clever Containers
- Lia Sophia
- Michelle’s Floral Design
- Oragami Owl
- Coastal Clothworks
- Stella & Dott
- Pampered Chef
- Penelope Ann
- Pintalo Designs
- Stella Dot
- Tastefully Simple
- Thirty-One Gifts
- Mary Kay Cosmetics
- Relay for LIfe
OTHER ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Community Reception at Gallery 107
- Cake Walk – Between City Hall and Seaford Fire Museum
- Chair and Hand Massage at Day Spa at the Marina
- Chocolate at every vendor stop!
- Chocolate Martini Tastings located at Procino Wells & Woodland, LLC
- DJ along with hors de’ houevres and non-alcoholic beverages at City Hall
- Hand and Chair Massages at the Day Spa at the Marina, Blades
- Healthy Cooking sampling
- Live Music at Gallery 107 and Procino Wells & Woodland, LLC
- Man Cave hosted by Dick’s Barber Shop
- Photo Booth located at City Hall – Free Event Souveneir!
- Pink Ribbon Nail Painting and Face Painting – Free
- Special tasting at Travel Debi (Ambassador Travel)
- T-Shirts for the Event on Sale at the Chamber of Commerce and City Hall – Cost $20
- Wine Tasting at Your Sister’s Closet hosted by Liquid Assets
- Women’s Health Education and Games with Prizes
See the event map for activity locations!
Click Here to view the Event Map (information is subject to change).