Friday May 1, 2015 – Beginning at 5:00 PM
Scavenger Hunt – 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Reception & Door Prizes – 8:30 PM – CITY HALL
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
On Friday, May 1, 2015 Nanticoke Health Services is again joining forces with the Greater Seaford Chamber of Commerce and the City of Seaford to host the 2nd Annual “Live for Chocolate” event, an evening of fun, laughter and support raising awareness for women’s health
in Sussex County.
Women often care for so many others, putting themselves on the bottom of the “to do” list. Live for Chocolate is an event that allows us to come together in fellowship, laughter and love to support and encourage one another to take care of ourselves while having a whole lot of fun!
Every year, thousands of women are diagnosed with breast cancer. If diagnosed early, nearly all can be treated. For those with early diagnosis there is a 98% survival rate. But early detection is key.
Bring your mother, your sister, your wife, or your friends. You can even bring your husband! Yes, there will be a Man Cave hosted by Dick’s Barber Shop located in Downtown Seaford.
How it Works
Travel through designated vendor locations in Downtown Seaford and just across the bridge in Blades. At each stop have your puzzle stamped and you will receive a clue to solve the puzzle. Required stops for the puzzle will be marked with a numbered sign so you know where to go. You can pick up a puzzle form at any of the participating vendor locations listed below the night of the event.
You must visit all the required puzzle locations and correctly solve the puzzle to be eligible for one of 30 prize drawings at the end of the night. Completed entries must be placed in the collection box located in City Hall by 8:30 PM. You do not need to be present to win.
At each stop you can get a free sample of some type of CHOCOLATE TREAT! Additional food is located throughout with hors d’ouevres and non-alcoholic beverages located at City Hall. You can also find wine tasting and music along with other fun activities located at various stops throughout.
If you have any questions, just ask one of the event hosts designated by a pink event t-shirt or Nanticoke pink polo shirt.
OTHER VENDORS & ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Day Spa at the Marina, Blades
- Hand Massage
- Nanticoke River Yacht Club, Blades
- Vendor Area
- Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition
- The Pampered Chef
- Everything That Glitters
- Body & Soul Fitness & Spa
- Event T-Shirts for Sale – $20.00
- Live Remote by The Duck
- Seaford Florist, Blades
- City Hall
- Chocolate Fountain presented by Sweet Serenity Chocolates
- Door Prize Dawings beginning at 8:30 pm
- Event T-Shirts for Sale – $20.00
- Game: Cakewalk
- Hors D’oeuvres provided by Seaford High School Culinary Arts
- Nanticoke’s Mammography Team – Education
- Photo Booth – FREE Event Souvenir
- Sign the “Drive to Inspire” truck presented by Preston Automotive Group & Comcast Spotlight
- Survivors’ Sashes provided by Spicer Bros. Construction
- Top Hat Entertainment – DJ
- Deborah Mitchell CTC – traveldebi.com
- “Chocolate Journeys”
- Gallery 107
- Live Music by John Tennefoss
- Donn’s Hair Alternative
- Your Sister’s Closet
- Wine Tasting provided by Liquid Assets
- doTerra Essential Oils
- Hard 2 Handle Sub Shop
- Greater Seaford Chamber of Commerce
- Amity Coffee
- La Red Health Center
- Bone Density Screening provided by Nanticoke Health Services
- Mt. Olivet UMC
- “Divine Chocolate”
- Live Music featuring Golgotha Haitian Alliance Church Choir & Bell Choir
- Man Cave at Dick’s Barbershop
- Your husband or significant other can take a break, have a refreshment provided by 3rd Wave Brewing Company and relax!
- Fantasy Beauty Salon
- Procino Wells & Woodland, LLC
- Skin Damage Analysis by Nanticoke Health Services
- Live Music by Maria Mulrine
- Meg-Gem Jewelry
- Seaford Historical Museum
- The Bath Shop
- Game: Boob Toss
COME FOR THE EVENING OR SPEND THE NIGHT
The Girls’ Weekend Package with 3 options available through Comfort Suites in Seaford:
Option 1: Stay the Night Only – 2 Queen Beds for $98.10 + tax. Rate available for Friday, May 1, 2015 only.
Option 2: Hotel & 1/2 Day Spa Package for $98.10 + tax for hotel plus $57 for Chocolate Spa Manicure & Pedicure at The Day Spa at the Marina
Option 3: Hotel & Full Day Spa Package for $98.10 + tax for hotel plus $187 for Chocolate Spa Manicure & Pedicure, 60 minute Facial and 60 Minute Massage
To book either of these packages you must call Comfort Suites – Seaford directly at 302-628-5400.
For more information, visit http://www.comfortsuitesseafordde.com/promotions.htm
AFTER THE EVENT…
BJ’s Pizza & Pasta in Blades will be hosting the “After Live for Chocolate Party” located in BJ’s lounge from 8:30 – 11:00 pm. Anyone survivor wearing their “Survivor Sash” will receive 10% of their food bill and anyone carrying a pink Live for Chocolate event bag will receive $1.00 off a Chocolate Martini!
EVENT CO-HOSTED BY:
ADDITIONAL SPONSOR SUPPORT BY: