JOIN US ON FEBRUARY 21ST IN LAUREL
Thank you to the Laurel School District and the Laurel and Western Sussex Communities for your continued support of this great event. Last year, we hosted over 1,000 people!
In 2014 we awarded three Laurel School District Students as “Living a Healthy Lifestyle” essay contest winners. In 2015 we will again hold an essay contest. All students from the Laurel School District are eligible. Look for more information at your school office.
THANK YOU to our sponsors:
Fabulously Fit Sponsor
Fabulously Fit Sponsor
Healthy Living Sponsor
Healthy Living Sponsor
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Following are the events scheduled so far. Be sure to check back often for updates.
9:00 am to 11:00 am ~ Free Cholesterol & Glucose Screening
- 12-Hour Fasting is Required
- Pre-registration NOT required
- $10 Donation Appreciated but NOT required
9:00 am to 1:00 pm ~ Vendor Tables and Health Screenings Open
- Health Screenings are Free to the public – Pre-registration is not required.
- Vendors include representatives from many areas of Nanticoke along with other area non-profit organizations, state health resource vendors, and many for-profit organizations providing services related to a healthy lifestyle.
Time: TBD ~ LifeNet Helicopter Tour
- Get a close-up look at a LifeNet Medical Transport Helicopter. LifeNet provides on-scene emergency air transportation.
- Located outside the event.
11:00 am ~ Shore Thunder Starz Stunt Demonstration by the Cyclones (Ages 8-13 years)
- Autographs are free to the community.
- Please bring your own item to be autographed; items will NOT be on sale at the event.
- One item per person please; you are welcome to return to the end of the line for a second item.
- Mr. Garcon is on a tight schedule so get in line early; he will not be able to do any autographs after 2:30 pm.
Activities & Vendors Include:
- Abbott’s on Broad Creek - Healthy Dish Tasting
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Aquacare Physical Therapy
- The Bank of Delmarva
- Bayview Homecare
- Betts & Biddle Eye Care – Vision Screening
- Blood Bank of Delmarva
- Body & Soul Fitness & Spa
- CHEER Senior Services
- Children & Families First ~ Nurse-Family Partnership
- ChooseHealth Delaware
- Cornhole Question & Answer Game - by Woodbridge High School Students
- Cura Hospitality – Healthy Cooking Demonstration & Tasting
- Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition
- Delaware Council on Gambling Problems
- Delaware Division of Public Health ~ Thurman Adams State Service Center
- Delaware State Police – Children’s Fingerprinting
- Dynamic Physical Therapy - Balance Testing
- Easter Seals Delaware & Maryland’s Eastern Shore
- Edward Jones
- Evans Farms - Healthy Dish Tasting
- Face Painting - by Woodbridge High School Students
- Five Star Home Foods
- Greater Seaford Chamber of Commerce
- High School Wellness Centers
- Laurel Chamber of Commerce
- Laurel Fire Department - Fire Prevention, Sparky the Fire Dog, Firetruck (weather permitting)
- Laurel Public Library
- Maxim Healthcare Services
- Million Hearts Delaware - Blood Pressure Checks & Heart Health Education
- Nanticoke Cancer Care Center – Cancer Information & Skin Damage Analyzer
- Nanticoke Case Management – Screening for Life, Living Wills, & Power of Attorney Information
- Nanticoke Diabetes & Nutrition Department – Pre-Diabetes & Diabetes Risk Factors Education
- Nanticoke Endoscopy/ GI
- Nanticoke Immediate Care
- Nanticoke Orthopedics Department – Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Joint Camp, & Own the Bone Program Information
- Nanticoke Memorial Hospital Patient Portal
- Nanticoke Physical Therapy, Outpatient Therapy & Speech Therapy - Balance Testing, Proper Body Mechanics, Grip Strength Testing
- Nanticoke Physician Network Care Coordinators – Diabetes, Smoking Cessation, & Hypertension Education
- Nanticoke Physician Network – Pediatric Blood Pressure & BMI
- Nanticoke Radiology ~ CAT Scan, DEXA/ Bone Density, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, PET Scan, MRI, and Vascular Lab
- Nanticoke Stroke Program
- Nanticoke SAVE Program & Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Nanticoke High School Wellness Centers
- Nanticoke Women’s Health
- Nanticoke Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center
- Peninsula Home Care
- Photo Booth
- Relay For Life ~ American Cancer Society
- Rescue One Training For Life
- Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care
- Senior Medicare Patrol (DSAAPD)
- Shore Thunder Starz - Stunt Demonstration by the Cyclones (Ages 8-13 years)
- Stump Chiropractic
- Teddy Bear Clinic
- The Body Shop Co.
- Tidewater Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Associates, PA
- TransAmerica Agency Network
- Trap Pond State Park
- Western Sussex Boys & Girls Club
More to come…
Free screenings/ testing being offered to the community include:
- ABI (Ankle-Brachial Index)
- Balance Testing
- Blood Pressure
- Bone Density
- DEXA (Bone Density)
- Flexibility and Grip Strength
- Pediatric Blood Pressure
- Pediatric BMI
- Skin Damage Analyzer
- Vision Screening provided by Betts & Biddle Eye Care
Chance to Win Washington Redskins Memorabilia
Participate in free screening(s) and turn in your filled out screening card to be entered into a raffle drawing for a Redskins’ jersey autographed by running back Alfred Morris.
If you would like to be a vendor, call us at 302-629-6611 x8948 or click below for the vendor form.