THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Thank you to the Laurel School District and the Laurel and Western Sussex Communities for your support of this great event. We hosted over 1,000 people!
We also awarded three Laurel School District Students as “Living a Healthy Lifestyle” essay contest winners. Congratulations to the following students from Laurel Intermediate Middle School who had the opportunity to meet Kirk Cousins, NFL Quarterback.
- Bryonna Trice, 6th Grade
- Lucas Carr, 7th Grade
- America Ramos Rameriz, 8th Grade
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Following are the events scheduled so far. Be sure to check back often for updates.
7:00 am to 11:00 am: Free Cholesterol & Glucose Screening
- 12-Hour Fasting is Required
- Pre-registration NOT required
- $10 Donation Appreciated but NOT required
9:00 AM: Vendor Tables and Other Health Screenings Open
- Health Screenings are Free to the public – Pre-registration is not required.
- Vendors include representatatives from many areas of Nanticoke along with other area non-profit organizations, state health resource vendors, and many for-profit organizations providing services related to a healthy lifestyle.
- Seatbelt Enforcer (weather permitting)
- Photo Booth
- Animals from Delmarva Discovery Center and Trap Pond State Park
- Story Time with the Laurel Library
- Cooking and Karate Demonstrations
10:30 AM to 12:00 PM: Kirk Cousins, NFL Quarterback, Autograph Signing
- Autographs are free to the community.
- Please bring your own item to be autographed; items will NOT be on sale at the event.
- One item per person please; you are welcome to return to the end of the line for a second item.
- Mr. Cousins is on a tight schedule so get in line early; he will be leaving precisely at 12 noon.
Free screenings being offered to the community include:
- Blood Pressure
- Bone Density
- Skin Damage Analyzer
- Flexibility and Grip Strength
HEALTH SCREENINGS & EDUCATION SPONSORED BY:
- DELAWARE ACADEMY OF FAMILY PRACTICE PHYSICIANS
- NANTICOKE MEDICAL STAFF
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- BOARDWALK PLAZA HOTEL
FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES, CLICK HERE.