Join us on March 17, 2018 in Laurel!
Join us on Saturday, March 17 from 9 AM to 1 PM at Laurel High School for our 6th annual community health fair & local partner expo, The Heart of Good Health. This event is free and open to everyone, so bring your family, friends, and neighbors!
Nanticoke is pleased to host this community health event for all ages. Health education, health professionals, screenings, healthy living demonstrations, and many activities for the whole family will be available throughout the day. For more information, call 302-629-6611, ext. 8948.
Thank you to the Laurel School District and the Laurel and Western Sussex communities for your continued support of this great event. Last year’s event was a huge success!
Vendor registration is now open!
THANK YOU to our sponsors:
Fabulously Fit Sponsors:
Eating Right Sponsor:
Active Living Sponsors:
Location & Directions
Laurel High School
1133 S. Central Avenue
Events & Activities
Schedule of Events:
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm: Vendor tables & health screenings open
- Health screenings are free to the public. (Pre-registration is not required.)
- Vendors include representatives from many areas of Nanticoke along with other area non-profit organizations, state health resource vendors, local businesses, and many for-profit organizations providing services related to a healthy lifestyle.
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm: Autograph Session with Chris Thompson, Running Back for the Washington Redskins
- Autographs are free to the community.
- Please bring your own item to be autographed; items will NOT be on sale at the event.
- One autograph per person please; you are welcome to return to the end of the line for a chance to receive a second autograph.
- Mr. Thompson is on a tight schedule, so get in line early; he will not be able to give autographs after noon.
Scavenger Hunt Raffles:
This year’s health fair will feature two scavenger hunt raffles. Participants must be 18 years or older to enter into either raffle. Entry cards will be available at the registration stations and must be returned to registration before 1:00 PM. After submitting your card, you do not have to be present to win. Additional details below:
Signed Football Jersey: Kicker Justin Tucker
To enter to win this item, participants must pick up an entry card at registration, have their card stamped at least 7 vendors, and return completed card to registration before 1:00 PM.
Signed Football Jersey: Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan
To enter to win this item, participants must pick up an entry card at registration, have their card stamped at least 7 screenings, and return completed card to registration before 1:00 PM.
Other Fun Activities:
- PAWS for People – Visit pet therapy teams!
- Photo Booth
- Special Appearance by Sherman the Shorebird – Time TBA
- Special Appearance by Sparky the Fire Dog with the Laurel Fire Department
- Teddy Bear Clinic by Nanticoke – “Healthcare” For Your Child’s Stuffed Animal
- Trap Pond Partners – Live animals!
- A Father’s Heart
- Alzheimer’s Association, Delaware Valley Chapter
- American Heart Association
- Aquacare Physical Therapy
- Autism Delaware
- Azar/Filipov, MD, PA
- Bath Fitter
- BayView Homecare
- Betts & Biddle Eye Care – Screening: Vision
- The Body Shop Company
- Brain Injury Association of Delaware
- Cancer Care Services at Nanticoke – Screening: Skin Damage Analysis
- Cancer Support Community Delaware
- Cardiac Catheterization & Cardiology Department at Nanticoke
- Caring Hearts Home Care
- Clothing Our Kids
- CPR: Children with the Power to Rescue – AED Awareness & Education
- Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition
- Delaware Council on Gambling Problems
- Delaware Public Health
- Delaware State Fire School
- Del-One Federal Credit Union
- Diabetes & Nutrition Education Department at Nanticoke
- DSAAPD – DE Senior Medicare Patrol
- Edward Jones Investments
- Emergency Medicine at Nanticoke
- Fellowship Health Resources, Inc.
- Food Services at Nanticoke – Healthy Samples!
- Foster Care – Delaware Division of Family Services (The State of Delaware)
- Fulton Bank
- Genesis – Lofland Park Center
- Herl’s Bath & Tile Solutions
- InFocus Financial Advisors, Inc.
- Kent Sussex Community Services – Screening: Rapid HIV Test
- Laboratory Services at Nanticoke – Screening: Blood Draw – HA1C & Lipid Profile (12-hour fasting suggested)
- Laurel & Seaford Lion’s Club – Screening: Spot Vision Screener
- La Esperanza – Victim Support, Immigration & Youth Services
- La Red Health Center – Support Services
- Laurel Chamber of Commerce
- Laurel Fire Department – Appearance by Sparky the Fire Dog
- Laurel High School Wellness Center
- Laurel Public Library
- Literacy Delaware, Inc.
- Lyme Disease Association of Delmarva, Inc.
- Mammography Services at Nanticoke
- Mental Health Association in Delaware
- Mother & Baby Care Center at Nanticoke
- Nanticoke Physician Network Care Coordination
- Nanticoke Primary Care: Laurel – Screening: Pediatric Blood Pressures, Height, Weight & BMI
- Nanticoke Senior Center
- Nanticoke Weight Loss & General Surgery – Screening: Adult Weight & BMI
- Orthopedic Services & Joint Camp at Nanticoke
- Open Door, Inc.
- PAWS for People – Pet Therapy Teams – Live Animals!
- Peninsula Home Care at Nanticoke
- Peninsula Lifeline
- PIVOT Physical Therapy – Screenings: Balance and Injury
- Quality Management at Nanticoke – Screening: Blood Pressure Checks
- Radiology Services at Nanticoke – Screening: Bone Density
- Rehabilitation Services at Nanticoke – Screening: Grip Strength, Balance Testing & Proper Body Mechanics
- Southern Delaware Foot & Ankle – SPONSOR
- State Farm – Kim Benton
- Sussex Vet Center/ Department of Veterans Affairs Behavioral Health & Medical
- Teddy Bear Clinic by Nanticoke
- Tidewater Physical Therapy
- Trap Pond Partners – Live Animals!
- UD Cooperative Extension
- Volunteer Delaware 50+ – Matter of Balance Program & Senior Fall Prevention
- Volunteer Services at Nanticoke
- Walgreens – SPONSOR; Screening: Blood Pressure Checks
- WBOC 102.5 – Live Remote with Sarah Petros
- Western Sussex Chamber of Commerce
- Westside Family Healthcare
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Healing at Nanticoke
Vendor registration is now open!
Free Screenings & Testing Offered to the Community
- Balance & Injury Screening – PIVOT Physical Therapy
- Blood Pressure Checks – Quality Management at Nanticoke and Walgreens
- Bone Density – Radiology Services at Nanticoke
- Grip Strength, Balance Testing & Proper Body Mechanics – Rehabilitation Services at Nanticoke
- HA1C & Lipid Profile (Blood Draw; 12-Hour Fasting Suggested) – Laboratory Services at Nanticoke
- Pediatric Height, Weight & BMI – Nanticoke Primary Care: Laurel
- Rapid HIV Screening – Kent Sussex Community Services
- Skin Damage Analysis – Cancer Care Services at Nanticoke
- Spot Vision Screening – Laurel & Seaford Lion’s Club
- Compares Pupil Size
- Checks Eye Structure Problems, Blurred Vision
- Checks Nearsightedness & Farsightedness
- Looks for Eye Misalignment
- Vision Screening – Betts & Biddle Eye Care
- Adult Weight & BMI – Nanticoke Weight Loss & General Surgery
Nanticoke Grants a Wish
Nanticoke Health Services is offering a once-in-a-lifetime chance for one lucky local youth to have a special meet and greet with Washington Redskins running back Chris Thompson at this year’s Heart of Good Health!
Nominees must be between the ages of 5 and 16 and be a Delmarva resident. One submission per household. Deadline is Friday, March 2.