JOIN US ON FEBRUARY 21ST IN LAUREL
Thank you to the Laurel School District and the Laurel and Western Sussex Communities for your continued support of this great event. Last year, we hosted over 1,000 people!
In 2014 we awarded three Laurel School District Students as “Living a Healthy Lifestyle” essay contest winners. In 2015 we will again hold an essay content. All students from the Laurel School District are eligible. Look for more information at your school office.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Following are the events scheduled so far. Be sure to check back often for updates.
9:00 am to 11:00 am: Free Cholesterol & Glucose Screening
- 12-Hour Fasting is Required
- Pre-registration NOT required
- $10 Donation Appreciated but NOT required
9:00 am to 1:00 pm: Vendor Tables and Health Screenings Open
- Health Screenings are Free to the public – Pre-registration is not required.
- Vendors include representatives from many areas of Nanticoke along with other area non-profit organizations, state health resource vendors, and many for-profit organizations providing services related to a healthy lifestyle.
1:00 PM to 2:30 PM: Pierre Garcon, NFL Wide Receiver, Autograph Signing
- Autographs are free to the community.
- Please bring your own item to be autographed; items will NOT be on sale at the event.
- One item per person please; you are welcome to return to the end of the line for a second item.
- Mr. Garcon is on a tight schedule so get in line early; he will not be able to do any autographs after 2:30 pm.
Activities & Vendors Include:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- The Bank of Delmarva
- Betts & Biddle Eye Care – Vision Screening
- CHEER Senior Services
- Cura Hospitality – Healthy Cooking Demonstration
- Delaware State Police – Car Seat Safety
- Delaware State Police – Children’s Fingerprinting
- Easter Seals Delaware & Maryland’s Eastern Shore
- Edward Jones
- Million Hearts Delaware – Blood Pressure Checks & Heart Health Education
- Nanticoke Cancer Care Center – Cancer Information & Skin Damage Analyzer
- Nanticoke Case Management – Screening for Life, Living Wills, & Power of Attorney Information
- Nanticoke Diabetes & Nutrition Department – Pre-Diabetes & Diabetes Risk Factors Education
- Nanticoke Orthopedics Department – Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Joint Camp, & Own the Bone Program Information
- Nanticoke Physician Network - Diabetes, Smoking Cessation, & Hypertension Education
- Peninsula Home Care
- Photo Booth
- Senior Medicare Patrol
- Sussex County Health Promotion Coalition
- Teddy Bear Clinic
More to come…
Free screenings being offered to the community include:
- Blood Pressure
- Bone Density
- Skin Damage Analyzer
- Flexibility and Grip Strength
- Vision Screening provided by Betts & Biddle Eye Care
If you would like to be a vendor, call us at 302-629-6611 x8948 or click below for the vendor form.