Join us on March 16, 2019 in Laurel!
Join us on Saturday, March 16 from 9 AM to 1 PM at Laurel Middle/High School for our 7th annual community health fair & local partner expo, The Heart of Good Health. This event is free and open to everyone, so bring your family, friends, and neighbors!
Nanticoke is pleased to host this community health event for all ages. Health education, health professionals, screenings, healthy living demonstrations, and many activities for the whole family will be available throughout the day. For more information, call 302-629-6611, ext. 8948.
Thank you to the Laurel School District and the Laurel and Western Sussex communities for your continued support of this great event. Last year’s event was a huge success!
THANK YOU to our sponsors:
Fabulously Fit Sponsors:
Eating Right Sponsors:
Location & Directions
Laurel High School
1133 S. Central Avenue
Events & Activities
Schedule of Events:
9:00 am – 1:00 pm: Vendor tables & health screenings open
- Health screenings are free to the public. (Pre-registration is not required.)
- Vendors include representatives from many areas of Nanticoke along with other area non-profit organizations, state health resource vendors, local businesses, and many for-profit organizations providing services related to a healthy lifestyle.
10:30 am – 12:00 noon: Autograph Session with Matt Judon, Linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens.
- Autographs are free to the community.
- Please bring your own item to be autographed; items will NOT be on sale at the event.
- One autograph per person please; you are welcome to return to the end of the line for a chance to receive a second autograph.
- Mr. Judon is on a tight schedule, so please get in line early!
- New this year, we are asking all autograph recipients to bring a non-perishable food item for the Healing Harvest Inpatient Food Closet. Donations are appreciated, but not required.
- Items of greatest need include: Canned Meats, Peanut Butter & Jelly, Canned Milk, Canned Fruits, Other Non-Perishable Food Items, and Personal Care Items
Scavenger Hunt Raffles:
Stay tuned for more details!
Other Fun Activities:
- Laurel Fire Department Fire Truck (Weather Permitting)
- National Capital Therapy Dogs – Visit Pet Therapy Teams!
- Photo Booth
- Special Appearance by Sparky the Fire Dog with the Laurel Fire Department
- Teddy Bear Clinic by Nanticoke – “Healthcare” For Your Child’s Stuffed Animal
- Trap Pond State Park – Live animals!
- A Father’s Heart
- Allen Cancer Center at Nanticoke – Screening: Skin Damage Analysis
- Alzheimer’s Association – Delaware Valley Chapter
- American Heart Association
- Aquacare Physical Therapy
- Azar Eye Institute
- Bath Fitter
- Community Legal Aid Society, Inc. (CLASI)
- ContactLifeline, Inc.
- Delaware 2-1-1 – SPONSOR
- Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition
- Delaware Hospice
- Delaware Public Health
- Delaware State Fire School
- Diabetes & Nutrition Education Department at Nanticoke
- Edward Jones Investments
- Food Services at Nanticoke – Healthy Samples!
- Herl’s Bath & Tile Solutions
- Kent Sussex Community Services – Screening: Rapid HIV Test
- Laboratory Services at Nanticoke – Screening: Blood Draw – HA1C & Lipid Profile (12-hour fasting suggested)
- La Esperanza – Victim Support, Immigration & Youth Services
- Lakeside Physical Therapy
- La Red Health Center – Support Services
- Laurel Fire Department – Appearance by Sparky the Fire Dog & Fire Truck (Weather Permitting)
- Laurel High School Wellness Center
- Laurel Public Library
- Laurel School District – English Language Learners Program
- Maxima 95.3 of The Voice Radio Network – SPONSOR Live Remote
- Mother & Baby Care Center at Nanticoke
- Nanticoke Physician Network Care Coordination
- Nanticoke Physician Network – Screening: Hearing
- Nanticoke Primary Care: Laurel – Screening: Pediatric Blood Pressures, Height, Weight & BMI
- Nanticoke Senior Center
- Nanticoke Sleep Disorders Center
- National Capital Therapy Dogs – Pet Therapy Teams
- Open Door/ Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems
- Orthopedic Services & Joint Camp at Nanticoke
- Peninsula Home Care at Nanticoke – Screening: Blood Pressure Checks
- Peninsula Regional Lifeline
- Quality Management at Nanticoke – Screening: Blood Pressure Checks
- Rehabilitation Services at Nanticoke – Screening: Grip Strength, Balance Testing & Proper Body Mechanics Demo
- Seaford Lion’s Club – Screening: Spot Vision Screener
- Senior Medicare Patrol
- State Farm – Kim Benton Agency
- Sussex Vet Center/ Department of Veterans Affairs Behavioral Health & Medical – Mobile Vet Center
- Teddy Bear Clinic by Nanticoke
- Tidewater Physical Therapy
- Trap Pond State Park – Live animals!
- UD Cooperative Extension
- Walgreen’s – Screening: Blood Pressure Check
- WBOC 102.5 – Live Remote with Sarah Petros
- Westside Family Healthcare
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center at Nanticoke
Free Screenings & Testing Offered to the Community
- Blood Pressure Checks – Quality Management at Nanticoke, Walgreen’s, Peninsula Home Care at Nanticoke
- Grip Strength, Balance Testing & Proper Body Mechanics Demo – Rehabilitation Services at Nanticoke
- HA1C & Lipid Profile (Blood Draw; 12-Hour Fasting Suggested) – Laboratory Services at Nanticoke
- Hearing Screening – Nanticoke Physician Network
- Pediatric Height, Weight & BMI –Nanticoke Primary Care: Laurel
- Rapid HIV Screening – Kent Sussex Community Services
- Skin Damage Analysis – Allen Cancer Center at Nanticoke
- Spot Vision Screening – Seaford Lion’s Club
- Compares Pupil Size
- Checks Eye Structure Problems, Blurred Vision
- Checks Nearsightedness & Farsightedness
- Looks for Eye Misalignment
Nanticoke Grants a Wish
Nanticoke Health Services is offering a once-in-a-lifetime chance for one lucky local youth to have a special meet and greet with Baltimore Ravens linebacker Matt Judon at this year’s Heart of Good Health!
- Nominees must be between the ages of 5 and 16 and be a Delmarva resident. One submission per household.
- Deadline is Friday, March 1.