Friday May 6, 2016 – Beginning at 5:00 PM
RAIN OR SHINE, we will be there having fun!
! WEATHER ALERT: In the event of rain, some activities will be relocated inside various locations. If locations move, an updated map will be posted here.
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
Click a link to go to that section of our page!
LIVE FOR CHOCOLATE 2016
On Friday, May 6, 2016, Nanticoke Health Services is again joining forces with the Greater Seaford Chamber of Commerce and the City of Seaford to host the 3rd annual “Live for Chocolate” event, an evening of fun, laughter and support raising awareness for women’s health in Sussex County.
Women often care for so many others, putting themselves on the bottom of the “to do” list. Live for Chocolate is an event that allows us to come together in fellowship, laughter and love to support and encourage one another to take care of ourselves while having a whole lot of fun!
Every year, thousands of women are diagnosed with breast cancer. If diagnosed early, nearly all can be treated. For those with early diagnosis there is a 98% survival rate, but early detection is key.
Bring your mother, your sister, your wife, or your friends. You can even bring your husband or significant other! Yes, the Man Cave hosted by Dick’s Barber Shop will be returning!
How it Works:
- Start your scavenger hunt by picking up your participant bag & puzzle form at any one of the following locations:
- Seaford City Hall
- Greater Seaford Chamber of Commerce
- The Bath Shop at Two Cats in the Yard
- Nanticoke River Yacht Club (Blades, DE)
- Travel through designated vendor locations (Clue Stops) in Downtown Seaford and just across the bridge in Blades to get your puzzle stamped and receive a clue to solve the puzzle. Clue Stops will be marked with a numbered sign so you know where to go.
- You must visit all Clue Stops and correctly solve the puzzle to be eligible for one of 30 prize drawings at the end of the night. Completed entries must be placed in the collection box located under the tent in Gateway Park by 8:30 PM.
- At each Clue Stop, you can get a free sample of some type of CHOCOLATE TREAT! Complimentary hors d’ouevres will be offered at City Hall & additional food will be available for purchase from food vendors located near Gateway Park (see below). You can also find wine tastings, music and other fun activities at various stops throughout.
- Transportation will be offered between Blades & Seaford by buses at marked bus stops. (Learn more.)
If you have any questions, ask any event staff member
designated by a pink event t-shirt or pink Nanticoke polo.
Event Map & Puzzle:
The official event map & puzzle are out now!
Download & print out your copies to get a head start on your scavenger hunt today!
→ MAP: Click here to download. (PDF) ←
Note: This map is subject to change. Final copies will be provided at the event.
→ PUZZLE: Click here to download. (PDF) ←
- 5:00 – 8:00 PM – Man Cave hosted by Dick’s Barber Shop with refreshments provided by 3rd Wave Brewing Company
- Sign the Drive to Inspire truck presented by Preston Automotive Group & Adams Radio Group. For each signature, the Preston Automotive Group will donate $1 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation! (Learn more here.)
- Face painting by Lindsey & hand massages at the Day Spa at the Marina in Blades
- Wine tasting by Harvest Ridge Winery at the Greater Seaford Chamber of Commerce
- Live music located at Procino Wells & Woodland, LLC and Gallery 107
- Gallery 107: John Tennefoss, Harrison Doyle and Christopher Yoder
- Game: Golf Game (hosted by Michael Connor, Hooper’s Landing Golf Pro) at the Nanticoke River Yacht Club in Blades
- Game: Boob Toss at The Bath Shop at Two Cats in the Yard
- The Dairy Bar Restaurant will be open for business, so don’t forget to stop by to sample a chocolate treat!
- Food will be available for purchase from food vendors located near Gateway Park (see below)
- Photo booth – FREE Event Souvenir
- Complimentary hors d’ouevres provided by Seaford High School Culinary Arts students
- Chocolate fountain provided by Sweet Serenity Chocolates
- Bone Density health screening by Nanticoke Health Services Radiology
- Cake Walk (Outside City Hall)
- 7:50 pm – Survivors Cake Walk
- Cakes donated by DQ Grill & Chill of Seaford, Dave Bachmann, Stargate Diner. Survivor’s cake donated by Parks Cake Designs.
- Survivors Sashes provided by Spicer Bros. Construction (Outside City Hall)
- 5:00 – 8:00 PM – Skin Damage Analysis by Nanticoke Cancer Care Services
(Don’t forget to fill out an entry card at our table to be entered to win a door prize from Nanticoke!)
- 8:00 – 8:30 PM – Hip Hop demonstration by Body & Soul Fitness & Spa
- Music by Top Hat Entertainment
- 8:30 PM – Reception & Door Prizes
Nanticoke Health Services Foundation:
- Games: Plinko & Spin the Wheel
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries & Pretzels by Chef David
- Don’t forget to fill out an entry card for a chance to win a door prize from the Foundation!
Your Sister’s Closet:
- Wine tasting provided by Liquid Assets
- Body & Soul Fitness & Spa
Vendors at the Nanticoke River Yacht Club:
Aleman Investment Group
King’s Closet – Mobile Boutique
Mt. Olivet UMC
215 High Street
315 High Street
Foundation Parking Lot (Across from Gateway Park)
511 King Street
Procino Wells & Woodland
- Transportation will be offered between Blades & Seaford by buses at marked bus stops from 5 – 9 pm.
- Bus stops will be located at Pine Street in Seaford and the Nanticoke River Yacht Club in Blades. Stops are marked on the event map.
- Bus services donated by Lambden Bus Service – Jim & Beverly Lambden.
Raffle: Original “Live for Chocolate” Painting
Join us at Gallery 107‘s “Spring Art Show” Opening Reception on Friday, April 1 from 5 to 8 PM! We will be selling raffle tickets for an original “Live for Chocolate” framed painting by local artist Tammy Kearney.
If you can’t make it to the April 1 event, tickets will be sold at Gallery 107 now through our event on May 6th!
EVENT MERCHANDISE & SOUVENIRS
Credit cards will be accepted for event merchandise sold at the Greater Seaford Chamber of Commerce, the Nanticoke River Yacht Club, and Fantasy Beauty Salon.
HOTEL & EVENT SPECIALS
Come stay the weekend with us! Book your Weekend Package at the Comfort Suites Seaford. There will also be spa specials at the Day Spa at the Marina in Blades on Saturday, May 7.
Come and indulge in TAX-FREE shopping, relaxation and of course CHOCOLATE!
→ For more information on specials or to book your stay, click here. ←
AFTER LIVE FOR CHOCOLATE PARTY
BJ’s Pizza & Pasta in Blades will be hosting an “After Live for Chocolate Party” in BJ’s lounge until 10 pm.
EVENT CO-HOSTED BY…
Additional Support Provided By: