Helping Patients Take Control of Their Health
Cardiac rehabilitation is the process of actively assisting known cardiac patients to achieve and maintain optimal health. Rehabilitation sessions are conducted by specially trained cardiac nurses. The program is designed to help cardiac patients achieve the highest level of physical, psychological, social and vocational well-being including:
- Improving cardiovascular function
- Promoting healthier lifestyles
- Providing practical strategies for health improvement and risk reduction
- Enabling participants to resume work responsibilities as quickly as possible
You are eligible if you have had one of the following:
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation:
- Individualized education
- Personalized exercise program
- Interaction with other heart patients
- Knowledgeable & caring professionals providing education & support
Cardiac Rehabilitation at Nanticoke is nationally certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is available upon request by your doctor or healthcare provider. You will remain under the care of your healthcare provider while in rehabilitation. Reports about your activities will be sent to your provider, who will be consulted on matters related to your care and treatment. Most insurances provide coverage for cardiac rehabilitation under major medical plans.