Out of an abundance of caution for the health of our community, Nanticoke has announced that Live for chocolate event has been cancelled. At this time we are unsure if the event will be rescheduled.
LIVE FOR CHOCOLATE
Nanticoke Memorial Hospital’s Live for Chocolate is an evening of fun, laughter and support raising awareness for women’s health in Sussex County.
Women often care for so many others, putting themselves on the bottom of the “to do” list. Live for Chocolate is an event that allows us to come together in fellowship, laughter and love to support and encourage one another to take care of ourselves while having a whole lot of fun!
Bring your mother, your sister, your wife, or your friends.
Proceeds from sponsorships and event-sponsored merchandise and raffle sales help pay for mammograms for women who can not afford them. (Learn more.) The scavenger hunt, chocolate tastings and other activities from previous years remain free to the public.
How it Works:
The scavenger hunt has participants travel through designated locations (Clue Stops) in Downtown Seaford and just across the bridge in Blades.
- Start your scavenger hunt by picking up a participant bag with puzzle form at any one of the following locations:
- Seaford City Hall
- Seaford Historical Museum
- Nanticoke River Yacht Club (Blades)
- Day Spa at the Marina (Blades)
- Find the clue at each Clue Stop and have your puzzle stamped. Clue Stops are numbered on the map so you know where to go.
- You must visit all Clue Stops, correctly solve the puzzle, and be age 18 or older to be eligible to win a prize.
- Completed entries must be placed in the collection box located under the tent at the Reception Area at the corner of Spring and High Streets by 8:30 PM (by the DJ).
- At each Clue Stop, you can get a free sample of a CHOCOLATE TREAT! Light snacks and water will be offered at City Hall. Additional food will be available for purchase from food vendors. Wine and beer tastings, music, shopping and games will be available at various locations throughout the event.
- Bus transportation is available between Blades & Seaford at marked bus stops. (Learn more.)
Need help during the event?
Event staff will be wearing pink Nanticoke or Live for Chocolate shirts.
You can also find help at City Hall or the Nanticoke Yacht Club.
The event map will be available closer to the event!
MEL’S RACE FOR A CURE
Begins in front of City Hall at 7:30 PM
Held in honor of Melody Booker-Wilkins, this fun “run” features teams of two local male celebrities navigating an obstacle course in women’s heels. This activity is free to watch and is held in conjunction with the Melody Joy Foundation.
Stay tuned for more information on voting!
Click the galleries below to visit our photo albums!