Join us on March 21, 2020 in Laurel!
Join us on Saturday, March 21 from 9 AM to 1 PM at Laurel Middle/High School for our 8th annual community health fair & local partner expo, The Heart of Good Health. This event is free and open to everyone, so bring your family, friends, and neighbors!
Nanticoke is pleased to host this community health event for all ages. Health education, health professionals, screenings, healthy living demonstrations, and many activities for the whole family will be available throughout the day. For more information, call 302-536-5388.
Thank you to the Laurel School District and the Laurel and Western Sussex communities for your continued support of this great event. Last year’s event was a huge success!
THANK YOU to our sponsors:
Location & Directions
Laurel High School
1133 S. Central Avenue
Events & Activities
Schedule of Events:
9:00 am – 1:00 pm: Vendor tables & health screenings open
- Health screenings are free to the public. (Pre-registration is not required.)
- Vendors include representatives from many areas of Nanticoke along with other area non-profit organizations, state health resource vendors, local businesses, and many for-profit organizations providing services related to a healthy lifestyle.
11:00 am – 12:00 noon: Special Appearance by Sherman the Shorebird
10:30 am – 12:00 noon: Autograph Session with Fabian Moreau, cornerback for the Washington Redskins
- Autographs are free to the community.
- Please bring your own item to be autographed; items will NOT be on sale at the event.
- One autograph per person please; you are welcome to return to the end of the line for a chance to receive a second autograph.
- Mr. Moreau is on a tight schedule, so please get in line early!
- We are asking all autograph recipients to bring a non-perishable food item for the Healing Harvest Inpatient Food Closet. Donations are appreciated, but not required.
- Items of greatest need include: Canned Meats, Peanut Butter & Jelly, Canned Milk, Canned Fruits, Instant Oatmeal, Canned Beans, and Other Non-Perishable Food Items. Please do not bring expired items, dented cans, glass jars or ripped/ open boxes.
Scavenger Hunt Raffles:
Stay tuned for more information!
Other Fun Activities:
- Photo Booth
- Live Remote with Kevin Andrade from The Voice Network Radio Group/La Raza – 9 am to 11 am
- Live Remote with Sarah Ockels from WBOC 102.5 FM – 9 am to 11 am
- Live Remote with Shane Walker from WTDK The Duck 107.1 FM – 11 am to 1 pm
- Special Appearance by Sherman the Shorebird – 11:30 am – 12:30 noon
- Teddy Bear Clinic by Nanticoke – “Healthcare” For Your Child’s Stuffed Animal
- A Father’s Heart
- Allen Cancer Center at Nanticoke – Skin Cancer Screening
- American Heart Association
- Aquacare Physical Therapy
- ARK Educational Resource Center
- Autism Delaware
- Azar Eye Institute
- Bath Fitter
- Better Breathers Club Salisbury
- Body & Soul Fitness, LLC
- Brain Injury Association of Delaware
- Brandywine Counseling & Community Services
- Cardiac Services at Nanticoke – Blood pressures
- Cheer, Inc.
- Community Legal Aid Society, Inc
- Compassionate Care Hospice/Amedisys
- Contact Lifeline
- Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition
- Delaware Community Reinvestment Action Council, Inc.
- Delaware Council on Gambling Problems
- Delaware Division of Public Health
- Delaware 211/Delaware Helpline, Inc.
- Delaware Hospice
- Delaware Integrated Medicine
- Delaware Office of Preparedness
- Delaware State Fire School
- Delaware Medical Reserve Corps
- Delaware Tobacco Prevention Program
- Diabetes & Nutrition Education Department at Nanticoke
- Dover Behavioral Health
- Easterseals Delaware
- Edward Jones: Melinda Tingle, Financial Advisor
- Genesis Lofland Park Center
- Herl’s Bath & Tile Solutions
- Kent/Sussex Community Services – HIV Testing Van
- Laboratory Services at Nanticoke – Screening: Blood Draw – HA1C & Lipid Profile (12-hour fasting suggested)
- Lakeside Physical Therapy
- Laurel Fire Department
- Laurel Public Library
- LifeLine at Peninsula Regional
- Maternal Child Health at Nanticoke
- Mental Health Association in Delaware
- NAMI Delaware
- Nanticoke Patient Portal Team
- Nanticoke Primary Care – Care Coordinators
- Nanticoke Primary Care Laurel – Pediatric Height, Weight & BMI
- Nanticoke Sleep Disorders Center/Persante
- Nanticoke Weight Loss & General Surgery
- National Capital Therapy Dogs at Nanticoke
- Orthopedics & Joint Camp at Nanticoke
- Peninsula Home Care at Nanticoke
- Seaford Audiology – Hearing Screening
- Seaford Lion Club – Spot Vision Screening
- Senior Medicare Patrol
- State Farm – Kim Benton Agency
- Stroke Program at Nanticoke
- SUN Behavioral Health
- Teddy Bear Clinic by Nanticoke
- University of Delaware Cooperative Extension
- US EPA Children’s Health
- Voice Network & Maxima Live Remote
- Volunteer Delaware 50+ – Matter of Balance Program
- Volunteer Services at Nanticoke
- Westside Family Healthcare
- YMCA of Delaware
- YWCA SARC
Free Screenings & Testing Offered to the Community
- Blood Pressures – Peninsula Home Care at Nanticoke
- HA1C & Lipid Profile (Blood Draw; 12-Hour Fasting Suggested) – Laboratory Services at Nanticoke
- Hearing Screening – Seaford Audiology
- HIV Testing Van – Kent/Sussex Community Services
- Skin Cancer Screening – Allen Cancer Care Center
- Spot Vision Screening – Seaford Lions Club
Nanticoke Grants a Wish
Do you know a deserving young person? Someone who has worked hard to overcome challenge? Or maybe a young person who could use a little extra encouragement? Nanticoke is offering a once-in-a-lifetime chance for one lucky local youth to have a special meet and greet with Fabian Moreau, cornerback for the Washington Redskins at this year’s Heart of Good Health!
Nominees for the Nanticoke Grants a Wish meet and greet must be a Delmarva resident between the ages of 5 and 16.
The Heart of Good Health 2019