THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Out of an abundance of caution for the health of our community, Nanticoke has announced that the Heart of Good Health event has been cancelled. At this time we are unsure if the event will be rescheduled.
Please follow healthy habits to help protect yourself from illness. This includes:
- Wash Your Hands Frequently
- Keep Your Hands Away From Your Face
- When possible, avoid close contact with those that are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home to avoid make others sick.
- If you have traveled overseas or have been in close contact with someone with the Coronavirus and have signs of illness, please CALL your health care provider or the Delaware Department of Public Health. Pleae CALL BEFORE YOU go to the doctors office to help prevent the spread of illness.
- For more information about Coronavirus (COVID19) in Delaware,CLICK HERE.
THANK YOU to our sponsors:
Location & Directions
Laurel High School
1133 S. Central Avenue
Events & Activities
Schedule of Events:
9:00 am – 1:00 pm: Vendor tables & health screenings open
- Health screenings are free to the public. (Pre-registration is not required.)
- Vendors include representatives from many areas of Nanticoke along with other area non-profit organizations, state health resource vendors, local businesses, and many for-profit organizations providing services related to a healthy lifestyle.
11:00 am – 12:00 noon: Special Appearance by Sherman the Shorebird
10:30 am – 12:00 noon: Autograph Session with Fabian Moreau, cornerback for the Washington Redskins
- Autographs are free to the community.
- Please bring your own item to be autographed; items will NOT be on sale at the event.
- One autograph per person please; you are welcome to return to the end of the line for a chance to receive a second autograph.
- Mr. Moreau is on a tight schedule, so please get in line early!
- We are asking all autograph recipients to bring a non-perishable food item for the Healing Harvest Inpatient Food Closet. Donations are appreciated, but not required.
- Items of greatest need include: Canned Meats, Peanut Butter & Jelly, Canned Milk, Canned Fruits, Instant Oatmeal, Canned Beans, and Other Non-Perishable Food Items. Please do not bring expired items, dented cans, glass jars or ripped/ open boxes.
Scavenger Hunt Raffles:
Stay tuned for more information!
Other Fun Activities:
- Photo Booth
- Live Remote with Kevin Andrade from The Voice Network Radio Group/La Raza – 9 am to 11 am
- Live Remote with Sarah Ockels from WBOC 102.5 FM – 9 am to 11 am
- Live Remote with Shane Walker from WTDK The Duck 107.1 FM – 11 am to 1 pm
- Special Appearance by Sherman the Shorebird – 11:30 am – 12:30 noon
- Special Appearances by our Pet Therapy Dogs and by Hidden Haven Pet Therapy Horses
- Teddy Bear Clinic by Nanticoke – “Healthcare” For Your Child’s Stuffed Animal
- Enter for a chance to win an autographed Judon (Baltimore Ravens) or Thompson (Washington Redskins) jersey! Just sign up at the welcome desk and visit our vendors and screenings!
- A Father’s Heart
- Abriendo Puertas of Peoples Place 2
- Allen Cancer Center at Nanticoke – Skin Cancer Screening
- American Heart Association
- AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware
- Aquacare Physical Therapy
- ARK Educational Resource Center
- Autism Delaware
- Azar Eye Institute
- Bath Fitter
- Bay View Homecare
- Better Breathers Club Salisbury
- Blood Bank of Delmarva
- Body & Soul Fitness, LLC
- Brain Injury Association of Delaware
- Brandywine Counseling & Community Services
- Bryan Allen Stevenson School
- Cardiac Care Services at Nanticoke – Blood Pressures
- Cheer, Inc.
- Community Legal Aid Society, Inc
- Compassionate Care Hospice/Amedisys
- Connections Community Support Programs
- Contact Lifeline
- Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition
- Delaware Child Support Services
- Delaware Community Reinvestment Action Council, Inc.
- Delaware Council on Gambling Problems
- Delaware Division of Public Health
- Delaware 211/Delaware Helpline, Inc.
- Delaware Domestic Violence Coordinating Council
- Delaware Hospice
- Delaware Integrated Medicine
- Delaware Medical Reserve Corps
- Delaware Office of Preparedness
- Delaware State Fire School
- Delaware Tobacco Prevention Program
- Diabetes & Nutrition Education at Nanticoke
- Dover Behavioral Health
- Easterseals Delaware
- Edward Jones: Melinda Tingle, Financial Advisor
- Genesis Lofland Park Center
- Harrison Family Practice
- Herl’s Bath & Tile Solutions
- Hidden Haven Equine Miniature Horse Therapy Program
- Kent/Sussex Community Services – HIV Testing Van
- Laboratory Services at Nanticoke – Screening: Blood Draw – HA1C & Lipid Profile (12-hour fasting suggested)
- Lakeside Physical Therapy
- La Esperanza
- La Red Health Centers
- Laurel Fire Department
- Laurel Public Library
- LifeLine at Peninsula Regional
- Maternal Child Health Services at Nanticoke
- Mental Health Association in Delaware
- NAMI Delaware
- Nanticoke Patient Portal Team
- Nanticoke Primary Care – Care Coordinators
- Nanticoke Primary Care Laurel – Pediatric Height, Weight & BMI
- Nanticoke Pulmonary Care Team
- Nanticoke Sleep Disorders Center/Persante
- Nanticoke Weight Loss & General Surgery
- National Capital Therapy Dogs at Nanticoke
- Orthopedics & Joint Camp at Nanticoke
- Peninsula Home Care at Nanticoke
- Seaford Audiology – Hearing Screening
- Seaford Lion Club – Spot Vision Screening
- Senior Medicare Patrol
- State Farm – Kim Benton Agency
- Stroke Program at Nanticoke
- SUN Behavioral Health
- Teddy Bear Clinic by Nanticoke
- University of Delaware Cooperative Extension
- US EPA Children’s Health
- Voice Network & La Raza Live Remote – 9 am to 11 am
- Volunteer Delaware 50+ – Matter of Balance Program
- Volunteer Services at Nanticoke
- WBOC 102.5 Live Remote – 9 am to 11 am
- Westside Family Healthcare
- WTDK/The Duck Live Remote – 11 am to 1 pm
- YMCA of Delaware
- YWCA SARC
Free Screenings & Testing Offered to the Community
- Blood Pressures – Peninsula Home Care at Nanticoke
- HA1C & Lipid Profile (Blood Draw; 12-Hour Fasting Suggested) – Laboratory Services at Nanticoke
- Hearing Screening – Seaford Audiology
- HIV Testing Van – Kent/Sussex Community Services
- Skin Cancer Screening – Allen Cancer Care Center
- Spot Vision Screening – Seaford Lions Club
Nanticoke Grants a Wish
Do you know a deserving young person? Someone who has worked hard to overcome challenge? Or maybe a young person who could use a little extra encouragement? Nanticoke is offering a once-in-a-lifetime chance for one lucky local youth to have a special meet and greet with Fabian Moreau, cornerback for the Washington Redskins at this year’s Heart of Good Health!
Nominees for the Nanticoke Grants a Wish meet and greet must be a Delmarva resident between the ages of 5 and 16.
The Heart of Good Health 2019