You will return to the Day Surgery Unit to be prepared to return home.
- Your blood pressure and pain level will be monitored. You will be asked to rate your pain on a scale of 0-10.
- Medication and other comfort measures will be provided to relieve your pain.
- If you are an Extended Recovery patient or are admitted, nursing staff in your patient room will provide your care.
- It is important to take deep breaths and cough to help rid your body of medication you received during surgery. A towel or small blanket placed over your incision will help comfort you if you move or cough.
- Your nurse will review home care instructions with you and another responsible person when you are ready for discharge. You will receive a copy of these home care instructions.
After You Go Home
- Do not operate any heavy machinery or equipment or make important business or personal decisions for 24 hours after your surgery.
- Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours after your surgery. DO NOT mix alcohol and pain medication.
- Take your pain medications according to the directions.
- Do not drive while taking pain medications.
- Follow instructions provided to you after surgery.
- If you have any problems at home, do not hesitate to call your surgeon.