Palliative care improves the lives of patients and families facing serious illness. Palliative care is medical care focused on relief of the pain, symptom, and stress of a serious illness – whatever the diagnosis. The goal is to help people live comfortably and to provide the best possible quality of life for patients and their families.
When you are on the front lines of an illness, you need answers, relief, expertise and support. Nanticoke’s palliative care team works closely with your primary doctor to provide:
- Expert treatment of pain and symptoms
- Close communication and compassionate care
- Help in navigating the healthcare system
- Guidance with difficult treatment choices
- Emotional and spiritual support for you and your family
For more information about Nanticoke’s palliative care program, please call Nanticoke’s Palliative Care Practitioner at 302-629-6611, extension 3115.