Nanticoke Memorial Hospital Scholarship Programs:
NMH Healthcare Education Scholarship & Jill Hickman Nursing Scholarship
Nanticoke Memorial Hospital (NMH) offers two scholarships for graduating high school students who live in Western Sussex County and pursue careers in healthcare. Successful applicants have received scholarships ranging from $250 – $5,000.
- The NMH Healthcare Education Scholarship is for graduating high school students who pursue careers in healthcare such as, but not limited to, nursing, radiology, rehab, and respiratory therapy.
- The Jill Hickman Nursing Scholarship is for graduating high school students who pursue careers in nursing. Any application that is pursuing a career in nursing would be considered for the Jill Hickman Scholarship. Applicants do not need to submit a separate application.
Applicants are evaluated and compete on the below criteria for a limited number of Nanticoke Memorial Hospital scholarships awarded annually:
|Academic Merit Scoring Criteria||Points|
|Academic achievement||25 points|
|Extracurricular activities, both school-related and community service||20 points|
|Three recommendation letters||15 points
(5 points each)
|Previously volunteered at NMH||15 points|
- Student must be accepted into a healthcare related program at an accredited college or university
- Graduating high school senior living in the following areas of Western Sussex County:
- Bethel, Blades, Bridgeville, Delmar (DE), Georgetown, Greenwood, Laurel and Seaford
- Academic achievement is evaluated by using unweighted GPAs on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of a 500-word essay on the following topic: “Describe what area of healthcare you are interested in and why.” The submitted essay must be typed in double spaced Times New Roman 12-point font. Scholarship Committee scores on the following: directions, grammar, essay structure, analytical skills, conclusions drawn, and the “why” part of the essay
- Submit three (3) letters of reference from teachers, counselors, principal or community member who can attest to the student’s desire to learn and likelihood to excel in the chosen course of study
Please submit the following:
- A completed application
- Copy of current transcript
- Copy of your acceptance letter into a healthcare-related program at an accredited college or university
- Completed typed essay
- Three (3) letters of reference
All application materials listed above are a part of the application process and must be received by Noon on Friday. March 27, 2020.
For more information or questions, please contact Sharon Harrington at 302-536-5388 or email@example.com.